Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Books I'm Intimidated By

I don't often do these, but I loved this week's question from The Book List. It asked what three books you're intimidated by.

1. Anything by Charles Dickens. I've read A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations is one of only about a dozen books I took with me on this move in the hopes that I'll actually read it. My difficulty with Dickens is that I know the stories are awesome, but man is it hard for me to plow through the language.

2. The Death of Adam by Marilynne Robinson. Her novel Housekeeping is at the top of my favorites list, but when I read her nonfiction book, I could just feel how inept my mind was next to hers.

3. The Fairie Queene by Edmund Spenser. An epic poem written in the 1590s. Need I say more?

What books intimidate you?

No comments:

Post a Comment