Thursday, April 22, 2010

Review: River Secrets


I think the Bayern books are growing on me. They're entertaining and great escapist literature. With the third book, I really began to appreciate how I was getting the continuation of familiar storyline, but with a focus and viewpoint of a different character. I liked seeing previous main characters from another point of view.
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about River Secrets being from Razo's point of view as he was most often the comic relief in the previous two books. But I think Hale did a great job of showing his thought process and why he said or did things that seemed ridiculous to others. I came to like him and understand him better.
I'm looking forward to reading the fourth installment soon. And once I've read everything else by Shannon Hale, I am determined to pick up Princess Academy again and finish it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment