Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Books I've Read Over and Over

It's hard for me to choose just three from this week's Book List question of which three books I've read over and over. So I cut out those that I read over and over as a child and chose three that I read at least once a year as an adult.

1. Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
The story draws me in, and the language makes me keep coming back for more.


2. Holy the Firm by Annie Dillard
This slender book takes place over three days--November 18, 19, and 20. And I try to read it every year on those dates.



3. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
This is a cross over of books I've read over and over both as a child and as an adult. I can't quite explain why I come back to it over and over. It's familiar and comforting and fantastic every time I read it.



What three books do you read over and over?

2 comments:

  1. I read lots of books over and over, but if I had to pick three I would choose Persuasion by Jane Austen, Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale, and The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list! I do love A Wrinkle in Time, though I think I've only read it twice. Sometimes books from our teen years are inexplicably more comforting and 'important-seeming' than any others. I run into it myself when I analyze which books I re-read the most. Great choices!

    If you want, you can check out my list here.

    ReplyDelete