Friday, April 16, 2010

A New Library

Appropriately enough for National Library Week, I went to a new library today.

I have been so spoiled with the Garden Home Community Library being just a short walk from me for the past 3 1/2 years. Now I have to drive to the library--the Gresham Library is the closest library and it's a 15 minute drive. And there was no one there to greet us by name and exclaim over how big Ivy is getting.

But a library is still a place with books to read for free and storytime for children. Ivy loved the Book Babies today. She was one of the older ones there, though most people thought she was much younger because she is so small. Ivy was just excited to be around other little kids and to play with new toys. It's my adult brain that likes the familiar and missed Kendra and resisted the slight differences in how the songs were sung.

No comments:

Post a Comment