Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wordstock 2010



Today we went to the Wordstock Festival here in Portland, Oregon. We visited the children's area where Ivy listened to some stories and some music. She also got to see Olivia the Pig, and though she wasn't excited, she also thankfully wasn't scared either.

Then we just walked up and down checking out vendors, buying a few books, and getting some free stuff. I think my favorite vendor was Allport Editions cards. They had a new 12 Days of Christmas card for Shakespeare Lovers. Check out the Literary and Book Lover's 12 Days cards as well. I settled on the Book Lover's because there are more people I can send it to who will understand the references than the Shakespeare one. I also got a Wordstock mug so I can feel literary drinking my hot cocoa or cider while I read books this winter.

General admission is only $7 per adult and free for kids, and there's a lot more to do than we take advantage of, so check it out if you're in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment