Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mark Twain Uncensored


This year marks 100 years since Mark Twain's death. Which means, per his willed request, his autobiography can finally be published. I can't wait to read the uncensored Autobiography of Mark Twain.

Volume 1 is slated for release next month and is going to be 743 pages. Talk about heavy reading! Can you imagine being responsible for editing and proofreading that thing?

Oh, to be studying American Literature in a university at such a time as this! I will have to content myself with reading it on my own and pester my husband with anecdotes and quotes. I have it on hold at the library, but based on the uncertainty of where we'll be living in the next weeks or months, I just might have to ask for it for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment