Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: The Help


"Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. No that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."

I know I'm late on the bandwagon of reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. My hold copy finally came into my library--and then I moved. I reserved it at my new library and the copy finally came in--a few days before I was moving. (I don't recommend moving twice in the same year if you can help it.) I put it on hold yet again and got it via books by mail.

And it was just as good as I'd heard that it was. I completely agree with what I've heard--everyone should read this book.

I'm not surprised to see that the book is being turned into a movie, and I hope they do it justice. I'll be watching it--though I will most likely be really late in seeing it just as I was with reading the book. Better late than never.

1 comment:

  1. I was late jumping on this bandwagon as well. I loved it. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete