Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Book Challenges

At the beginning of 2010, I made a goal to read 100 books by the end of the year. That didn't happen. I might have read 100 books in a year when I was a literature major, but (unfortunately) my main job in life is not to read like it was back then. I finished 58 books in 2010, more than I did the year before. And that's all I'm expecting of myself this year. I'm signing up the Outdo Yourself Challenge at the measly "getting my heart rate up" level of reading 1-5 more books this year than last.

I could never have anticipated the changes and challenges I was about to face in my personal life in 2010. So instead of setting an unreachable goal, I'm just going to keep trying to do a little better than I have before. Plus my goal for the year is to attack my large and lofty To Be Read list. (Shouldn't reading something like War and Peace count for a lot more than one book?)

In 2010 I did meet my long-time goal of reading all the Newbery Medal books. I'm looking forward to a new year where all I have to do is read the newest winner.

Besides reading more books than I did last year, my goal for 2011 is to write more. I'm not going to be picky about what I write or what it's for, but I used to be a lot better about writing in general. I'm going to try to write a little bit each day and then have one day a week where I take more alone time to write more intensely without interruptions.

What are you looking forward to in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment