Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast


I picked up another comfort read--Beauty by Robin McKinley.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale, and this is one of my favorite retellings, although I like Robin McKinley's Rose Daughter even better. (Beauty is for a younger audience, Rose Daughter is for adults.) Beauty is a simple, beautiful, and surprising take on the classic story.

Disney's Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. It always has been, but it has a special place in my life since it's my husband and my movie. We don't have a song, we have a movie. We had a our first kiss while watching Beauty and the Beast. And yes, it was during the cheesy, romantic Beast changing into handsome prince part.

No comments:

Post a Comment