Saturday, April 2, 2011

Review: Library: The Drama Within


"My dream was to live in this heavenly building and know all its secrets...to be allowed to go behind the curving book-clad walls into the stacks and have keys to unlock the cabinets of bookish rarities." - Germaine Greer

It is simple. If you love libraries, you will love perusing this book filled with photographs of libraries by Diane Asseo Griliches. Whether you read the short histories behind the libraries, or just feast your eyes on the pictures, you will be reinspired to visit and support your library. As well as finding yourself wishing you could visit every one in here.

Oh, how I miss being near a library. But I did pick up this book while browsing in the bookmobile that comes to our tiny town every two weeks, weather permitting.

"To my thinking, a great librarian must have a clear head, a strong hand, and above all, a great heart...and I am inclined to think that most of the men who will achieve this greatness will be women." - Melvil Dewey

(This last quote is for my sister who spent many years working in a library.)

No comments:

Post a Comment