Friday, December 10, 2010

900+

Here's most of the boxes filled with books that I'm going through after our move.



Years ago, when I started buying books I already owned, I made a list of all the books my family has. Unfortunately, I've never been the best at keeping it completely updated. So with each move, I go through my books once again and make sure they're all accounted for.

In finding books that weren't catalogued yet, the book count has now crossed the 900 mark. And I seriously have been trying to get rid of books I'll never read again and I buy very few books now that I'm married. Except for kids' books. I buy a lot more of those now that I'm a mom. That certainly helped bump the number up and over 900. As did the sweet little collection of Beatrix Potter books that my mom gave to my daughter for her first birthday.

900 is a lot of books to own. It's a lot of books to move (come to think of it, I'm now curious what the total weight of my books is--not curious enough to find out). But there are certainly worse things to own 900 of.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on that! My 'owned' list recently topped 1700, and I'd hate to know how much that lot weighs. When I moved to Idaho, I had about half that and it was heavy enough. But I agree that there are definitely some things worth owning that many of!

    (and I catalog them too!)

    ReplyDelete