Friday, September 25, 2009

Introduction

Once upon a time my life revolved around words. Before I could read, I pretended to read. My dearest childhood friends were books. I have a bachelor's in English Literature and a master's in Publishing. As a young adult, I wouldn't leave the house without a book to read and a notebook to write in.

These days I won't leave the house without diapers and a burp rag. Much as I'd hoped to be an exception, during my pregnancy my brain was in a fog. Not only could I not write, I rarely even read any more. As I slowly emerge from that fog, I have begun reading again and this is one of my first attempts to write again.

This blog is a place for me to write about reading and writing and words. If no one but me reads it, then it is no worse than most of the things I write. I'm just happy to be reading and writing again.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Emilee! I'm trying to think of writing and editing as my part time job. With Corbyn at five weeks old, I'm just starting to reclaim a bit of my normal life. Thanks for being an inspiration to put the fingers to the keys and pull some stories out of the fog that is motherhood.

    ReplyDelete